Address head office and showroom The Netherlands
Molendijk Zuid 23 B
5482 WZ Schijndel, The Netherlands
Monday till Friday 9:00-17:00.
Closed on public holidays.
+3173 203 2487
For information about Sales and Orders: [email protected]
For information about Service and Warranty: [email protected]
Adress showroom Belgium
2880 Bornem, Belgium
+3173 203 2487
For sales and information: [email protected]
The showroom in Belgium is currently only open by appointment. Contact [email protected]
1.1 Action radius battery
The range represents the distance in kilometers that can be covered with a fully charged battery.
The range is influenced by various factors:
- Tire pressure (keep this at ± 3.5 bar)
- Condition of the road surface
- Use of gears
- Amount of pedaling power supplied by the rider
- Support level (the higher, the shorter the range)
- The carrying weight on the bike
- Ambient temperature (capacity of the battery decreases below 10ºC)
- Weather conditions (wind, rain)
- Capacity (Ah) and voltage (V) of the battery
The range decreases as the battery ages.
No guarantee is given for the range of the battery!
1.2 Warranty provision battery
Shinga B.V. gives a 2 year warranty on the battery. Below is described when you are eligible for the warranty of your battery.
You can claim the warranty as a result of:
- Defective battery, which means it no longer works.
- Battery no longer charges. For this you can contact Shinga B.V. We first check and attempt to repair before we do any other action.
- Your battery is well maintained. Check the accompanying instructions.
- Charging happened with the designated Shinga B.V. charger. Do not use any other charger.
- No depth discharge has been detected. This can only happen if you leave the battery on and put it away for a long time without recharging.
- No water and fall damage. The battery is resistant to a light rain shower. But do not leave it completely in the rain during the time.
- Repairs have been carried out by authorized persons who have been designated by Shinga B.V.
1.3 Maximum load weight
The load-bearing weight is the maximum allowable load that a structure can safely carry. The maximum load weight for a bicycle is calculated on the total weight of the rider plus luggage and accessories.
1.4 Pedal force sensor vs magnet rotation sensor
The pedal force sensor
On bikes equipped with a pedal force sensor, the force you put on the pedals determines how fast you go. So the sensor measures how hard you kick and adjusts the support accordingly.
The rotation sensor
With bicycles equipped with a rotation sensor, the rotation sensor registers that you are pedaling, the pedals are rotating, and gives equal support. This means that you have to put less force on the pedals to get support. (The rotation sensor has a built-in safety, so when pedaling backward, no support is given)
The pedal force sensor gives a more natural cycling feeling, while the rotation sensor is more suitable for people who have less strength in their legs.
1.5 How can I order a bicycle?
On our website you will find all the bikes that we offer.
If a certain type of bicycle is not in stock, you can order and reserve this bike for the next delivery from our factory. We aim for a delivery time between 30 and 60 days. We do our utmost best to keep this period as short as possible. For more information about ordering and reserving a bicycle, please email us at our email address: [email protected].
1.6 Claim warranty
If you suspect that you are dealing with a defect under the warranty, always contact Shinga B.V. the service department will gladly help you further.
When submitting a guarantee, you can email or call:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +31 73 203 2487 (option 4)
When you intend to contact us, the following information is required:
- Invoice (or invoice number)
- Clear description of the warranty case
- Photo or video of the defect, if requested
After submitting your warranty claim, Shinga B.V. assess whether there is a guarantee. If we are not satisfied with the above points to assess the warranty claim, we will look for another solution. For this we will of course contact you first.
2 Technical questions
It is very important to properly maintain your bike. In this way you ensure that you can enjoy your bike for a long time and that you keep the guarantee.
We recommend the first service after 1000-1500 km or annually. If you only cycled 300 km after 1 year, we still recommend giving the bike a small service.
The 1st service is included in the warranty period. The next subsequent service is for your own account. For prices you can contact the service department.
Costs for driving up
The travel costs depend on various factors. Contact our service department for this.
What does a technician do during a service:
- Check the tire pressure
- Check/adjust gear (hub or derailleur)
- Check spokes tension
- Check the crank bolt
- Check other bolts/screws
- Check/adjust the brakes
- Check/adjust chain tension
- Check the pedals
- Check the lights
- Spray bolts/screws
Note: The bicycle (s) must be offered clean. Shinga B.V. does not clean the bike for you!
2.2 Requesting Service maintenance
You can request a service by email or telephone by contacting our service department.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +31 73 203 24 87 (option 4)
Having a service performed by a dealer in your area is possible. To view the nearest dealer for you, you can take a look at our website on the sales points page. These are approved companies by Shinga B.V. We call in this service partner for you, so it is important to first contact Shinga B.V.
You can choose to have the repair carried out by another (brand)dealer. Note here that this (brand)dealer will charge costs for this. Shinga B.V. does not reimburse these third-party costs. Always contact us first before you act.
2.3 How to properly brake new disc brakes
Disc brakes have the advantage that they can decelerate powerfully with little manual effort. One or two fingers on the brake lever is sufficient.
- Disc brakes must be properly braked and kept free of grease to reduce squeaking brake noises.
- Brake the first Km's with an even braking action, so do not suddenly brake strongly. This ensures that the disc brake will wear evenly. Pay attention to the environment and adjust your speed to prevent accidents.
2.4 How do I get replacement parts?
It happens that a component such as an LCD display or cable breaks. For replacement parts, contact by email with [email protected].
We have parts in stock.
2.5 How do I handle the battery?
- Do not expose the battery to extreme temperatures or for too long in direct sunlight.
- Do not place objects on the charger and battery during charging.
- Place the battery and charger at a safe distance from flammable and explosive substances.
- If you are not going to use the bicycle for longer than a month, we advise you to store the battery fully charged from the bike in a dry and warm place. Cold weather affects battery performance.
- Further instructions can be found in our manuals.
2.6 My LCD display will not turn on
- Check if the battery is charged.
- Check if the battery is properly connected and locked.
- Check if the battery is on (think of key or button)
- Check whether the bike is on (think of key)
- Press the on/off button on the display for at least 2 seconds.
- Check if the connector to the display is properly connected.
If all this does not work, contact us by email at [email protected].